Thursday, July 2, 2009

Where Am I?


Now this is interesting. I've just landed on all four feet in a blog no less. Guess I better explain my name first. I've been told my black-and-white markings make me look just like a Harlequin Great Dane (how eerie). Thus my name Harlequin Cat. Works out kind of nice, since I tend to see things in bluish hues of black and white. But this isn't about having more rods or cones in the ole retina department. It's about my cat counterpart going on astral flights to the White House, Wall Street, super-store chains, lingerie boutiques, coffee shops, social galas, hospitals, schools, beaches, shelters, public restrooms...wherever there's a congregation of human heroes, human jerks, jerk heroes or hero jerks. I can size them up, size them down...and still get my naps in between. A perfect job with only myself to report to. And I'm really lucky to know a great photographer who's agreed to join me on my journey and shoot images just for me.

I feel so independent! And how timely. July 4th is just two days away. Tomorrow I'm off to a super-store (the kind that sells hamburger and chain saws under one roof) to watch humans buy slabs of pork ribs and containers of congealed salad. Hopefully they read the chicken and arsenic story that ran in the New York Times two days ago.


1 comment:

  1. How nice to see you in blogland! I look forward to reading about your astral adventures.

    ReplyDelete