Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Entrepreneur Who Cuts The Mustard


I think I just made a wrong turn. I’m floating over a field watching a carnival wake up and get things ready for the day. At least I’ve found the fish and chips stand, so I’m happy.

I’m even happier to meet the successful entrepreneurial owner who doesn’t think he’s an entrepreneur. His "start-up" is a propane tank (actually two of them, one a little rusty). His "angel investor" is his uncle. His "bizmeth" is being friendly to customers and making sure he has enough dollar bills to make change.

And he has his own thoughts on how to "build buzz." He pops a beer.

Compare that to entrepreneurs who "drill down," "deep dive" and hold "skull sessions" to contemplate the “notion” of a new business concept.

You know, I just have to think that some humans are awestruck by entrepreneurs. Maybe even intimidated by them.

Just the other day I overheard a human bragging, “I’m having lunch with an entrepreneur today.”

Well, so am I. I smell fish frying. Saturday is National Mustard Day, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment