Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don't Let The Sausage Contest Shrivel.


OK, I’m excited. Johnsonville, one of my most favorite companies in the whole wide world, launched its “Create Your Own Ville" contest on May 3, welcoming entries through July 31.

I thought it was the coolest idea. So on May 11, I entered myself in the Grillmeister category under the name “Anticipationville.”

That’s me up there, standing on my Big Green Egg grill, anticipating some juicy crunchy Johnsonville Brats sprinkled with onions, peppers and sharp cheddar.

Get it? Anticipationville? I was especially proud of my descriptive copy: “I’ve been waiting all my lives for this.”

So Johnsonville, what’s the deal? Here it is August 18, and the contest deadline was July 31. Couldn’t you do just a quick post and say, “Thanks to you, our brand awareness has skyrocketed but could you please be patient until we announce the winner?”

Oh, my. I’m sorry. Really sorry. I didn’t know I had to click on “Our Blog” over to the right of your contest’s homepage to see that winners would be announced on or about August 10.

I’m glad I’m curious by nature, or I would have missed it. Hope I win an Igloo.

That would be cool. You said around August 10th?

No comments:

Post a Comment