Friday, August 14, 2009

Tara Goes To Tomato Land


Six days ago, a kind and noble friend of mine left her home on earth to join me on an astral flight. Her name is Tara. We are having a grand time, although I know her parents miss her terribly.

Tara was 16 when she said her goodbyes, but up here she feels like a puppy again. Since it’s her first astral flight ever, I thought we’d take some leisurely time to fly up to Massachusetts for the Red Fire Farm Tomato Festival on August 22. Not only will they have a 5K Tomato Trot field race (which Tara already says she wants to enter), but they’ll also have an incredible selection of award-winning tomatoes for everyone to taste.

Tara’s always loved tomatoes, especially if they're award-winning.

I don’t know about you, but it’s hard for me to believe a dog would chomp on a big ole heirloom tomato. I never saw Tara eat one on earth, but I have this vision of seeds and juice squishing out of her mouth and giving her a big tomato mustache.

Anyway, Tara and I will stop at all her favorite places along the way – parks, camping grounds, marinas and maybe a posh doggie spa or two. We won’t be able to take side trips too often, though, because most of the time she'll be stealing away to check on her parents.

Like she's doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment